Bright City Church is seeking a Student Pastor who is called and equipped to to disciple the youth God is entrusting to us.
Our heart at Bright City is to see people restored in the 3 key areas we experience brokenness as human beings: with God, with others, and in ourselves. We believe that as we welcome Christ into our lives and take steps to follow him, we experience restoration in ourselves and bring this restoration to others.
As a faith community seeking to reflect the multiethnic family of God, we strongly encourage people of color to apply for this position.
// JOB SUMMARY //
The Student Pastor role is a full-time paid position with health insurance and retirement benefits.
The Student Pastor will:
- Build up and Develop our team of servant leaders who lead our middle school and High School ministries.
- Develop programming for High Schoolers
- Enhance current programming for Middle schoolers
- Create clear systems and processes for onboarding servant leaders for student ministry.
- Create dynamic experiences for youth that focus on genuine life change, a highly relevant atmosphere (utilizing advanced media, lighting, creative art and worship) and a loving and safe community that students can build lasting relationships in.
- Actively engage with local schools
// QUALIFICATIONS //
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of pastoral ministry.
Knowledge, skills, and gifts:
- Preference will be given to candidates with Master of Divinity degrees or similar advanced education.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop teams
- Passionate about building clear systems and process
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks efficiently and effectively
- Comfortable and confident in speaking, praying and leading the youth ministry teams
- Able to communicate a philosophy of youth ministry.
- Good relational skills and a “team player”
- Strong leadership skills; pastoral heart and love for youth and parents; ability to lead a team of volunteers and work well with other staff.
// EXPECTATIONS //
- Exhibits a life given fully over to Jesus.
- Demonstrates a deep desire to grow in his/her abilities; has a humble and teachable attitude that gladly submits to the guidance of the Lead Pastors and the Elders
- Regularly spends time in prayer and study of scripture
- Responds to conflict with maturity, directness, and peacemaking; can interact well with a variety of personalities
- Is involved in discipleship, mentoring, and spiritual community on a one-on-one or group basis (or is willing to be involved in that)
- High level of emotional intelligence.
Conditions of Employment
- Supports and adheres to the Vision and Philosophy of Ministry of Bright City Church and its theological beliefs found here.
- Engages actively with both parents and students.
- Staff must be willing to become an active member of Bright City at the beginning of employment.
// DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Plan regular student ministry events (movie nights, game nights etc. to build community and to do outreach).
- Oversee and execute an effective and thorough follow-up system for new guests
- Recruit new volunteers
- Develop a smooth, easy to follow system for onboarding new volunteers
- Provide a system to support a good serving experience for all youth volunteers
- Provide clear instructions for Servant Leaders and their role
- Cast vision for the future of student ministry at Bright City
// HOW TO APPLY //
Email us with the following at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of why you are interested in this position and why you believe you are a good candidate for this role.